MVGS 5th Annual Genealogy Conference
The upcoming MVGS 2021 Annual Genealogy Conference, “Tell It Like It Was”, will be held virtually on 23 October 2021. Attendees will have an opportunity to choose from six educational lectures by prominent genealogical speakers. Learn more about:
- Historical Writing and manuscript development
- Determining the scope of and finding a unifying theme for your family history
- Writing your family history
- Oral histories and the collection process
- Organizing your family history information
- Using tools like Family Tree Maker, Scrivener and Evernote
- Analyzing your old photos for more genealogical information
- Incorporating photos into your storytelling
- Using Maps to understand more about your ancestors' lives
- Preparing your family history for publication
This year's conference will be held virtually via Zoom. To get the best experience, we recommend you download the newest version (5.8.0) of the Zoom Client for Meetings. This will enable you to switch breakout rooms at the end of a session. It is free and you may download it HERE.
There is a 3-Step process for registration and confirmation:
- Register for the conference. You may register online at: https://mvgenealogy.org/store.php?sid=1
You may also register by mail/check - the link is below. After registering, you will receive an email with a link directing you to register on Zoom.
- Register on Zoom.
After registering on Zoom, you will receive a Confirmation email from Zoom. This email will contain the link for the Conference.
- Save the confirmation email so that you will have access to the conference on 23 October.
Also save the titles of the courses for which you registered.
(Yes! We are happy to announce that the conference sessions will be available online after the conference for paid registrants. The sessions will be processed and posted by October 26th).