Here's some general information about MVGS' training and education classes.
- Classes are free.
- We prefer that members attend the classes, but anyone can attend them. So far we haven't turned anyone away.
- Usually classes are taught at the Hollin Hall Senior Center. Typically they're scheduled for 2 hours. Specific rooms and times are indicated on each class entry. Due to Covid-19, we are still offering classes via Zoom. Reminders, handouts, and/or the Zoom link are sent out to registrants usually a few days ahead of the class.
- You may sign up using the link on the individual class entries, or by signing up on the sheets at the general MVGS meetings, when we're back at HHSC; or, by separately emailing the training coordinator at email@example.com.
- Due to Covid-19, the FamilySearch and Find-A-Grave workshops taught by Linda MacLachlan won't be taught until HHSC re-opens. They aren't being done virtually. Once they re-start, they'll be held on the 1st Monday of the month. They require you, in addition to signing up for the workshop itself, to register for a free account on either FamilySearch or Find-A-Grave before you come to class. The class description has a reminder to do this. Having an ID and password allows you to enter/edit information onto those systems.
- Handouts for classes - if a handout has been sent to you before the class, please print them out and bring them with you. Neither the instructor nor the training coordinator bring extra copies for class participants.
- If you have any suggestions for additional class topics, please either add them in an entry on this forum site, or email Amy Breedlove at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're ALWAYS looking for new ideas!
- If you would like to volunteer to teach a class, please email Amy. The training coordinator does all the administrative and logistics work - all you have to do is prepare your talk and give it. :)
Thank you and we hope to see you in a class or workshop, either in-person or on Zoom.